Study and stimulate political, legal and economical conditions for a democratic usage of information technologies (lobbying, legal monitoring, promotion of ethical values, etc). Job desired in partial time (4/5) for a minimal yearly gross salary of EUR 40 000.
Positions in Non-Profit Organizations
- From 2007, July: Expert in software patentent for APRIL (French association for promotion and research in libre computing).
- From 2006, February to 2007, July: Founder and Président of FFII France (French chapter of FFII).
- From 2004, April to 2006, November: Vice-president of FFII (Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure).
Skills & Achievements
Direct lobbying with Members of European Parliament (MEPs), contributing to:
- 2005/07/06: rejection of "European directive on the patentability of computer-implemented inventions" (aka. directive on sofwtare patents).
- 2006/10/12: amendment of a "Resolution from European Parliament on Future of Patent System", concerning European Patent Litigation Agreement (EPLA).
Organisation of supporters:
Analyses of legal documents and political positions:
Articles on software patents:
Press Relations (main quotes, interviews and press releases):
- Design of a website, based on SPIP (CMS PHP/MySQL) and an associated wiki.
- Configuration and customization of a members management system, based on Galette (PHP/MySQL).
- Extraction/transformation/load (ETL) to build a database (PostgreSQL) containing amendments and consecutive versions of articles/recitals of the European directive on software patents (Perl/XML).
- ETL and intelligence on MEPs/MPs infos (Perl/XML), used for eg. for scoring on votes of amendments or follow-up of politicians' positions.
- Automation for integration of RSS feeds into SPIP (Perl/HTML/SQL).
- Automation for Press Release delivery (Perl/SQL).
- Design of web banners (Gimp).
Translation (English/French) of FFII's materials:
- 2007: OpenTrust, senior developper of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solutions.
- 2001-2006: Xyleme, senior developper of solutions in XMLization of legacy documents to be stored in an XML data warehouse.
- 2000-2001: Unlost, developper of a crawler (Perl) for a morpho-syntaxical search engine.
- 1994-2000: Bull, developper (C/Perl) and maintainer of an SNMP agent toolkit.
See complete profesionnal resume
- crédits et droits